Do you organize printed photos? Do you scan photos? Do you outsource photo scanning? Do you want to deliver client projects that are chronologically organized and professionally presented. If you answered YES to any of these questions then this course is for you!
This course isn’t about image resolution, file formats, and scanning software. We cover, in detail, what some of you have come to know as the “Woolsey Method.” What’s interesting is that Adam and Laura independently have been using the same system for years, so we decided to team up and teach it to others. Regardless of what scanner you use, file format you prefer, or resolution you scan at, you’re going to learn about:
- The most efficient scanning workflow that will save you a ton of time
- Ways to save money on the scanning and organizing phases of your project
- How to deliver professional results that are beautifully labeled
- Clear next steps after you scan your photos
- A consistent way to handle large collections of physical photos
- A workflow that works with any format (prints, negatives, slides, even video)
- A workflow that works with any scanner type (flatbed, high speed, camera scanning, etc.)
- A process for dealing with collections received in batches over a long period of time
- A workflow that requires minimal time with the client, which is more cost effective for them and easier for the organizer
- The ability to "match back" digital and physical assets in the future
Who is this course for?
- Professional photo organizers who do their own scanning
- Professional photo organizers who outsource their scanning
- Scanning specialists who want to deliver professional results and charge premium prices
- Anybody organizing their own photos who wants an efficient scanning workflow
- Self-paced video training in 9 lessons and 35 individual videos (1 hour, 55 minutes)
- Bonus material including a Resource Guide full of important links and recommended products
- Scanning Workflow Checklist you can use for client projects
- Printable PDF templates for cross-reference cards and worksheets to streamline your scanning and print organizing workflow
- Templates for slide scanning and video conversion
- Downloadable transcripts for every lesson to use as reference notes
- Private Facebook group with Adam, Laura, and other course students
Adam Pratt loves people, photography, and a good story! He’s spent the last 25 years at the intersection of creativity and technology, including 20+ years at Adobe where he works on the Creative Cloud team. He has experience as a photographer, book author, software trainer, and photo organizer. He’s also the founder of Chaos to Memories where he helps people enjoy their photos again by turning their photo chaos into precious memories they can enjoy and share.
Laura Woolsey has been a professional photo organizer for over ten years after surviving a long career as a computer programmer. All her life, she’s had a knack for transforming chaos into order and keeping track of tiny details and loads of data. She is a leader and veteran of the photo organizing industry and loves helping others find ways to be more efficient in their processes. She launched Memory Forward in 2007 and she and her team offer custom family photo management solutions to their clients.
Get started now!
Start3.1 Scanning (1:10)
Start3.2 Folder Names (6:43)
Start3.3 Filenames (0:58)
Start3.4 Metadata (2:19)
Start3.5 Prints or Negatives (1:10)
Start3.6 Scanning Backs (0:45)
Start3.7 Cross-referencing Oversized Items (1:08)
Start3.8 Scrapbooks (2:20)
Start3.9 Outsourcing Scanning (2:08)
StartModule 3 Transcript